The City of Abbotsford and Summit Centre have released some new Covid guidelines for the local arenas which are copied below:
City of Abbotsford Arenas:
The proof of vaccination process for arena user groups is now updated, please see below and share with your organizations as these changes are now in effect:
- Minor Sports: Anyone aged 0-21 years or affiliated with a youth sport or rental will not be required to provide proof of vaccination when entering a City of Abbotsford Arena. Participants and personnel affiliated with youth sports may include coaches, team managers, referees, timekeepers and volunteers.
- Spectators: Adult spectators aged 22 and up must provide proof of vaccination to attend youth indoor sport at any City of Abbotsford Arena. Ticketed events require proof of vaccination for all spectators aged 12 and up.
- Adult Sports: Anyone aged 22 and up or affiliated with an adult sport activity or rental will be required to provide proof of vaccination when entering a City of Abbotsford Arena. This includes coaches, officials and volunteers associated with adult sports.
- According to the Provincial Health Order, there are no medical exemptions to the process.
User Group Responsibility
- User groups are responsible for verifying proof of vaccination when applicable.
- User groups are responsible for all staff/volunteer resources required for the verification process.
Note: User groups may store vaccination records with their users for more efficient verification however it’s up to each user group to determine their process and compliance for the privacy, etc.
– The Province of BC has a BC Vaccine Guide to better assist you with the implementation of the Vaccine Verification Process – https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/covid-19/immunization/bc_vaccine_card_guide_for_businesses.pdf
- The existing mask mandate still applies – in all indoor spaces except during physical activity (on ice).
Failure to comply to above can result in violation tickets from the Province and grounds for termination of contract by the City of Abbotsford. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask, though please allow for 2-3 business days for a response during this busy time.
Please click here for The Rinks at Summit Centre Covid-19 Safety Protocols