The goal of cross-ice hockey is to make a skater's first contact with hockey a safe and positive experience. The program is structured in a learn-to-play approach designed to introduce beginners to the game's basic skills. This program enables participants to become contributing members of a team effort, develop self-confidence, and experience a sense of personal achievement. These goals are achieved in an atmosphere of fun and fair play where player development, not winning, is the main achievement.
- Initiation Minor - 2012 Birth Year
- Initiation Major - 2011 Birth Year
- Novice Minor - 2010 Birth Year
- Novice Major - 2009 Birth Year
- Novice (Major and Minor) - 8 League Games starting in December 2017 with a maximum of 4 Exhibition Games
- Initiation Major - 6 League games starting in January 2018 with a maximum of 4 Exhibition Games
- Initiation Minor - No League games and a maximum of 2 exhibition Games
- Tournaments and Jamboree's do not count toward limits
- Cross Ice format using One end zone using 1 foam divider across the blue line and smaller nets.
- 4 on 4 plus a goalie for each team.
- If due to unequal player numbers you have to double shift, then all players must rotate and no player may double shift twice until all players have done it once.
- All teams share the ice during home games. If the other teams do not have games, they will be running a practice on the other half.
- Both the Home and Away team will share one bench and each team will use one door. Teams must respect the other players on the other half of the ice and not interfere.
- Only 1 "Game Coach" can be on the ice and is to not interfere with the officials, they are there for supportive purposes only and to hurry the kids to the face-offs.
- Both Novice and Initiation games shall be 1 hour running time with the use of the 2 Minute Buzzer (No changing on the fly). The time clock will be a 5 minute warm-up, 24 minute period, 2 Minute Break, and 24 Minute period (Or remaining time if less).
- 1 Game sheet per Game with a Game number
- Game sheets to only include Rosters and Officials, no score or penalties are to be recorded
- Game sheets need to be sent in within 24 hours of completion
- Team link is only for reference
- 1 Referee per Game $15
- No Icings or Offside will be called.
- Face off after each buzzer and Goal shall be at the Imaginary Centre Face-off Dot.
- Officials will call goals however no score is to be reported or recorded.
- Max 3 goals per player is in effect.
- Officials will stop play in the following situations and the face-off shall be at the nearest face-off dot: a Goalkeeper freezing the puck, a player falling on the puck, the puck is frozen along the boards, or the puck leaves the playing area.
- Officials will also call penalties when appropriate. They will do their normal procedure for calling a penalty (Stop, Plant, and Point), however, no penalty shall be reported or recorded and the player will not be sent to the penalty box, rather they will be replaced by another player from the bench. No team will play shorthanded.
- Should any infraction occur that would require a player to be ejected from the game, then the player shall be removed from the game and replaced by another player. The team does not play shorthanded and nothing is reported or recorded.